Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and color retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and I cannot guarantee your results.
Microblading Brows, Ombre Shading and Combo Brows are a form of permanent makeup.
- Microblading, known as eyebrow embroidery or 3D brows which is cosmetic tattooing that provides a means of eyebrow hair. It is done by using a handheld tool and tiny, sterile needles to deposit cosmetic pigment into the upper layer of the skin. The unique formation of the needles allows the artist to create the look of real voluminous eyebrows using 1 by 1 technique. Microblading is the key in creating the fluffy brow look and enhances the brow definition as well as natural features of the face. Results are very natural. Ideal for dry or normal skin types, and have a good amount of existing brow hair already. STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MATURE/AGING SKIN, OILY SKIN TYPE OR SKIN WITH VERY LARGE PORES.
- Ombre/Powder Brows is a technique of cosmetic tattooing that provides a means to fill the brow with a dot shading effect resulting in a daily makeup look done with eyebrow pencil, powder or pomade. the effect will be waterproof ,smudge proof and completely natural. The great thing is that ombre/powder brows are sustainable for most skin types.
- Combo Brows & Signature Brows are the ultimate brow treatment. It offers the best of powdered and hair stroke effects combined together to achieve a fluffy, textured, yet defined brow with volume and definition. Ideal for dry, normal or combination skin types.
Microblading and shading (Brow Lamination Look) Microblading is a technique using a handheld blade that creates hairlike strokes to fill in sparse or thin brows. The “hair like” strokes and shading are meant to be the most subtle and natural looking enhancement to create fuller eyebrows. It looks the most natural on clients who already have full brow hair and are wanting to perfect the shape.
The more hair you have the more natural your results will be. Microblading heals best on young, healthy, and dry to normal skin types. Although it is considered permanent makeup, it does fade and touch ups are recommended every 9- 24 months in order to keep the color and shape precise. Oily skin and aging or thin skin is not ideal for microblading. If you are in this category, you would be a better candidate for combination, ombre, nano brows, signature or stardust brows.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL PERMANENT MAKEUP PROCEDURES
Most permanent makeup procedures are a two step process. Final results cannot be determined until touch—up application is completed. The touch—up is intended to fill in any discoloration caused by the healing and shedding process. We strongly suggest to all clients that they make an appointment and come in to let us see the procedure area(s) whether or not they feel they need a touch—up.
- Do not wash/use makeup remover on the procedure area(s) or apply makeup for 24 hours.
- Do not touch the procedure area(s) with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- Use a clean cotton swab to apply Tina Davies AfterCare Gel 3 times daily for 7 to 10 days. We suggest Tina Davies AfterCare gel as it is non— reactive in most clients. If you are allergic to them, call your Doctor for an alternative.
- Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area(s) while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
- Avoid contact with animals, gardening, sun, sauna, Jacuzzi, chlorine pools, ocean, steam room.
- To preserve color for a longer time, always use a “total sun block” sunscreen until the area(s) has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area(s). (Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling as these products will fade your pigment color.
CONTRADICTION FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP PROCEDURE?
- Are under 18 years old
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes, glaucoma or on blood thinning medication
- Have transmittable blood disease such as HIV/Hepatitis
- Have active skin cancer
- Have any kind of skin conditions near treatment area (acne, shingles, psoriasis, rashes, eczema or anything else near eyebrows)
- Are undergoing chemotherapy
- Have keloid scarring or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation, hyperpigmentation
- Have hemophilia or healing disorder
- Have severe acne or taking medication like Accutane for one year or steroids ( you must be off Accutane for one year)
- Have allergies to alcohol or numbing agents/topical anesthetics.
- Active shingles
- Have heart problems, healing disorders, uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have allergies to makeup or colors
- Have anemia or other abnormal bleeding conditions
- Easily bruising
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or mitral valve disorder
- Have any autoimmune disease
- Have oily skin (only Ombre, Combo or Signature brows will be the options for your brows procedure)
- Cosmetics procedures such a Botox/fillers around the treated area should be completed 4 weeks in advance
- Have a dark, dense, discolored or large pre-existing eyebrow tattoo/microblading. Please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your eyebrows/ lips for evaluating prior booking.