“Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and color retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and I cannot guarantee your results.”
Lip Blush is a permanent tattoo that defines your lips, creating volume and fullness. It also corrects any asymmetry or darkness, giving your lips a very youthful appearance.
This varies from person to person depending on the client’s skin, lifestyle and health condition. Lip Blush is considered semi-permanent and they will fade over time. After touch up, the Lip Blush tattoo will last from approximately 2-5 years. If your skin is very oily or has iron deficiency, it will most likely fade faster.
Consultation is done on the actual date of your microblading procedure. However, you are welcome to contact me with any questions you may have. Prior to booking an appointment, please ensure that you have read and understand the FAQ, precare, aftercare and policy information.
Pain tolerance varies from person to person. We use a medical grade topical anesthetic for numbing the treated area before and during your procedure to make you feel comfortable and pain free as possible.
Absolutely. In no way does having lip filler interfere with the process of tattooing lips or the results. Please note lip filler and lip blush appointments MUST be at least 4 weeks apart from each other.
We do not provide lip blush for the following:
- Are under 18 years old
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes, glaucoma or on blood thinning medications
- Have transmittable blood disease such as HIV/Hepatitis
- Have skin cancer or any kind of skin condition near the treatment area (i.e. shingles, psoriasis, rashes, eczema or anything else near lips)
- Are undergoing chemotherapy
- Have keloid scarring or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation
- Have hemophilia
- Have severe acne or taking skin medications like Accutane and steroids (you must be off of Accutane for one year)
- Have allergies to alcohol or numbing agents/ topical anesthetics
- Have heart problems, healing disorders, uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have allergies to makeup or colors
- You develop infections easily
- Cosmetic procedures such as botox/fillers around the treated area should be completed 4 weeks in advance
- If your appointment is during a cold sore outbreak, your procedure cannot be performed. If you do not have cold sores, it is highly recommended for you to go to your family doctor and get Zovirax or another antiviral medication prescribed to take 5 days prior procedure, the day of, and 5 days after as a precaution. Cold sores is herpes simplex virus and many are not aware that they are a carrier of the virus as the signs are not always visible until it is triggered. Lip blush can trigger cold sores if you are a carrier of this virus therefore as a precaution, it is recommended that you take antiviral medication as cold sores can affect the healing result
- Have previous tattooed lips that is too dark or large (Please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your lips for evaluation prior to booking)
This procedure can trigger cold sores for carriers of the herpes simplex virus. To prevent cold sores from flaring up it is recommended to go to your family doctor and get Zovirax or another antiviral medication prescribed to take 5 days prior procedure, the day of, and 5 days after. Note that a cold sore outbreak can alter the healed results of the tattoo.
Touch ups are recommended, however, not necessary. On touch up sessions, we can alter the shape and color of your tattoo or go bolder or fill in spots that didn’t retain pigment as well as others during healing. Touch ups will also add longevity to the life of your tattoo. A touch up can be booked no sooner than 6 weeks of your last appointment.
Lip Blush generally requires two treatments at least 6-10 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. The initial appointment will take approximately 3 hours.
Yes, however, in the first session we will have to color correct your lips to cancel out the cool tones. This means the initial color we tattoo must be orange. If we are to tattoo any other color you risk darkening your lips further or having absolutely no results at all. When healed at 6 weeks, most if not all of the darkness in your lips will be covered and your lips will have a nudey-pink even tone. Note that results cannot be guaranteed and lightening or evening out dark lips may take a few sessions. Under no circumstances will we tattoo a “nude” color on dark or cool toned lips.
If you have had your lips previously tattooed, unfortunately we do not offer cover-up or correction services. If your previous work is too dark, dense, discolored or large, we highly recommend a tattoo removal. Some special cases may be considered. Please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your lips for evaluation prior to booking.