Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and color retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and I cannot guarantee your results. Please read bellow your lip blush aftercare provided by Bee Queen Permanent Makeup Clinic.
After Your Lip Session
After your treatment, please GENTLY blot your lips for every few hours with a water damped paper towel / cotton pad to ensure that body fluids do not sit on top of your lips and start to form scabs. Please DO NOT rub and drag, it is a gentle blot (press and lift). Moisturize with the aftercare ointment provided to you. Moisturize as often as you like.
What To Avoid?
The following must be avoided during the healing process:
- Picking, peeling or scratching the treated area, touching with dirty fingers.
- Sleeping on your face as it will cause premature scabbing.
- Activities that will cause sweating (i.e. working out, sports, etc.) for 2 weeks.
- Wetting lips for too long as it will cause premature scabbing. We want the scabs to stay on as long as possible and let them shed naturally.
- Soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first 7 days.
- Keep your face away from the shower stream for 2 weeks.
- Swimming, jacuzzis, sauna, steam, hot bath or other bodies of water for 2 weeks.
- Sun tanning, UV/UVA rays or chemicals for 30 days.
- Smoke, dust, dirt and debris for the first 7 days.
- Any facials, laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Glycolic acid for 30 days.
- Touching the treated area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- Application of any makeup to the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Vaseline, moisturizer, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- Applying any anti-acne products or lightening creams such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
What to Expect During and After Your Lip Blush Session?
The complete healing process takes about 6 weeks depending on your skin regeneration. We will then know how you have truly healed. During this process, your lips will go through several healing phases.
Immediately following your procedure, you may experience a little discomfort as the treated area may feel tender and a little sore. The color will look sharply defined, vibrant and darker/brighter. There may be some swelling and minor bruising which lasts approximately 1-2 days.
The next day, the color of the tattoo will darken as scabs begin to form. The scab will fall off within 3-10 days depending on your skin. During the initial healing period, you will also experience minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. This is just the superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your lips. Please DO NOT PICK and allow the scab or dry skin to naturally shed on its own.
The lips will gradually soften (not as sharp/crisp) and appear lighter and sheer in a few days. This is normal as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Please wait until 6-8 weeks so touch-up/adjustment can be made.
After 2 weeks, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your lips when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure may cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. Salt water and chlorine can also fade the pigment faster as well. Be sure to rinse with water after contact.